- Just a quick post to say that in just a few days time I will be doing my latest challenge.
- I'll be running (or hobbling)
169 miles across
The Grand Canyon!
The 'Grand to Grand Ultra' starts at an elevation of 5,344ft (1,629m) and finishes at 8,656ft (2,636m).
- Like my previous challenges, this is a multi-stage event and by the end of
- Day 1, I will have covered 30 miles with a 10kg rucksack on my bag (gulp!).
- There are six stages over seven days.
- The long stage is 52 miles long and involves running through the night (which is apparently quite cold).
Due to all sorts of circumstances, such as ones mentioned in my last blog, along with my oldest son leaving home for University in Scotland two days ago, I have not done my usual amount of training. I have not trained with a backpack and I haven't had time to do any really long runs. This is not how I would have liked it, as training for me is all about recovering faster at the end.
It doesn't mean I won't finish it, but not as well as I had hoped. However, it is still an adventure, and for me it is about having fun ...so, I'll catch up with you all when I am back.
NB In the meantime you can email me during the race (although I can't reply).
Enter my name and bib number in the Subject line: - Wanda Summers (269)
I would love to read them!
You can also follow the race on their website and like them on their face book page:
- Why YOU want a Personal Trainer ..
- Profile and Professional Bit
- PRICES and PACKAGES
- Wanda's Blogs
- Inspirational Guest Blogs
- Running for Peace and Harmony
- Adventurer & Runner Graham Kelly
- 2014 The Ocean Floor Race
- 2012 London Olympics Behind the Scenes
- 2012 Roving Planet Jordan
- 2011 Atacama Crossing
- 2010 Gobi March
- Links to Wanda Summers
- Bike Stuff
- Recommended Books
- New Page